Walton North Hall Government
Meeting Minutes 11/22/16
Start Time: 8:03 p.m.
Quorum: Hawthorne, DeCou
- Names, pronouns, hall
- FINANCE REP
- RHA REP
- LGBTQ+ Speaker, Lexi Burgeron, November 30th about representation in video games
- Cake Study Break November 29th 6:30 p.m. in GSH Great Room
- Winter Feastival, December 1st, Carson Dining
- LEADERSHIP REP
- Winter Leadership Retreat February 3rd – February 5th, signups coming out soon!
- Brainstorming names for the new Residence Hall
- Tree, Celebration something with CEL in it
- We got a ping pong table!
- Zero Waste Initiative Educational Event
- Push it back to Winter Term
- Diversity Movie Night also during Winter Term, get both educational events done during WT instead
- Tentative Date: January 23rd, 6-8 p.m.
- Review Open Mic Pancake Night
- Goods: Turn out and sustained attendance, diversity in students from different halls, always someone performing (yeah Joey!), participation from good performers, FREE PANCAKES, variety of inclusiveness of pancakes (pancakes/gluten free), quick clean up, stuck to a schedule, word of mouth and Facebook advertisement worked well
- Bads: Advertising needs to be more priority/start sooner with posters, get more trashcans for events, we need to RECYCLE, should create shifts for working, bit more organization, advertise more of the open mic part
- We need better lights!! Christmas lights, tea lights, lamps, literally anything
- Get Hall Government ping pong paddles/balls and pool cues/balls and foosball equipment from capital improvement
- Brainstorm Ideas for Winter Term/Spring Term
- Diversity Movie Night – Wednesday 1st, 7:30 p.m., order pizza
- Zero Waste Initiative Event – January 23rd, 6-9 p.m.
- Birthday Celebration – spring term, giant birthday party for everyone, lots of cake, barbeque, bouncy house?
- Hiking Trip
- Hot Cocoa (Every Thursday of the month, 7-9 p.m., “Thirsty Thursday”)
- Continued Pancake Nights – (January 9th, and first Monday of every month after that, 6-8 p.m. potentially)
- Pit wings against each other in a competition – field day
- Trivia Night / Drag Bingo
- Karaoke Night
- Sex After Dark – pizza and sex questions, “where’s the g-spot?”
- Valentine’s Day – singles karaoke and sex questions, “Let’s Talk About Sex,” Monday 13th, 6-8 p.m., Wednesday 15th office hours with academic partner
- Thanksgiving Pancake Event for people not going home!! (Spring Break too)
- Pi Day pie event – Sweet Life P.O.
- March Madness Fantasy Basketball
- Make sure to make pancakes over Thanksgiving Break!!
- Possibly turning CEL office into Hall Government room as well
- Pancake night on January 9th – Lauren is lead, Kiva and Joshua help on the set up, Mitchell, Julia, Joshua, Kiva and others on clean up, make sure to have people with food handlers card there at 6 to make pancakes
Delta: Some side conversations, less efficient than usual
Plus: Lots of brainstorming and ideas, thinking towards the future!!
End Time: 9:17 p.m.