Walton North Hall Government
Meeting Minutes 11/15/16
Start Time: 8:05 p.m.
Quorum: Hawthorne, Dyment, DeCou, McAllister
- Names, pronouns, hall
- FINANCE REP
- No finance requests this week
- Ping Pong Table funding request – not put into motion yet
- Walton North Hall Government Balance: $LOTS
- RHA REP
- Lindsey is officially our RHA Rep
- Lexie Bergeron on November 30th about representation in video games
- Cake Study Break – date TBD
- Zero Waste Recycling can educate our hall for $100, 1 weeks’ notice
- Thursday, Dec 1st Carson Winter Feastival 5-8 p.m.
- Winter Leadership Retreat during winter term
- New Residence Hall names needed – brainstorming
- LEADERSHIP REP
- Giving out hot chocolate – during Fall term still
- Animal rescue/shelter event – also during Fall term
- Diversity Movie Night
- Pushed back to Winter Term
- Zero Waste Educational Event
- Tentative date November 30th, 7-7:30 pm. Tentatively – need a time based off of timing for the video game speaker
- Election Debrief / Action
- Give out an official Hall Government Statement about the expectations from everyone in the Hall, make posters, email something out to make it known that there are spaces for people – give them something with condensed information
- Walk Out
- Open Mic Pancake Night
- Monday, November 21st, 7-9 p.m., clean-up till 10 p.m.
- Posters need to go out – putting them in strategic places (bathroom/stalls, stairwell doors entering hall floors)
- Nick hasn’t cooked his own for three years
- Nick is going to do a store run!!
- Financial Aspects
- Regular Pancake Mix / Gluten Free Pancake Mix / Vegan Pancake Mix (Aunt Jemima)
- Whipped Cream
- Fruit (Strawberries, Bananas, Blueberries)
- Chocolate Chips
- Capri Suns/Juice boxes
- Twinkly lights/ambient lighting
- Sign-Up List
- Joey can lend out a guitar or ukulele but most people should bring their own instruments
- Open Door Policy – All are welcome!!
- Look into the drum set/piano usage from the quiet rooms
- Get posters out for Open Mic Pancake Night!!
- Do the RHA form from the Halloween Party
- UO got the POCUR regional conference for next year!
- If you want to apply to be an RA there is an additional session (Thursday, 7:30-8pm, room 230 in the EMU) – applications are open in December and close in January
Delta: Some side conversations were occurring
Plus: Good focus on prioritizing important issues/events, good creativity/participation
End Time: 8:51 p.m.