Walton North Hall Government
Meeting Minutes 10/25/16
Start Time: 8:03 pm
Quorum: Hawthorne, Dyment, DeCou, McAlister
- Names, pronouns, hall
- FINANCE REP
- Hip Hop Group budget of $199 did not work, got tabled for $225 to be voted on again at the next meeting
- GSH Zumba class got money approved, will be tabled and voted on at the next meeting
- Going over the RHA budget for the entire year
- RHA REP
- Election watch party proposal, which conflicts because it’s during our meeting times, proposal to cancel hall government to watch the election instead, voting yes
- Golf Cart Homecoming, Oct 28th 2-4 pm, Hall competition in the homecoming parade, winner gets $100 and a trophy
- Halloween Finalization
- Costume Contest – Joshua & Kiva
- Poster draft – done!
- Costume Rubric – done!
- Prize finalization – Laundry cards are hyped
- Getting posters out Oct 26th
- Photo Booth – (Maya) – Need to order the film still
- DJ Booth
- Song request poster – done! Hanging up in halls Oct 25th
- DJ Valko got the part he needed so we are good to go!
- Snacks – Lindsey
- Comprehensive list – done! (Both gluten free and vegan snack options)
- Decorations – Joshua
- Comprehensive list – done!
- Abby goes to Fred Meyer on Thursday to get decorations (Joshua, Lindsey, Kiva, Joey, etc. going)
- Pumpkins – Abby
- Where are we getting the pumpkins – fake mini pumpkins are a go, from Amazon or Fred Meyers, 50(?), a pack of sharpies, stickers, NO GLITTER
- Hall Decoration Contest
- Poster – not done but will be done soon!
- Judged by buildings/number of doors decorated
- Diversity Movie Night – Julia Maya Kiva Emma – November 3rd, Outrage, poster soon!
- Ping Pong Table – Not done yet, but will be done at the next RHA, $249+
- Homecoming Golf Cart – will be getting basic supplies like streamers, but we want a theme! THEME – Harry Potter or Halloween, using cardboard and paint, 2-hour time frame to decorate the day of, but we can do it beforehand and just attach it once we get there – Going to the parade (Mitchell, Joey, Kiva, Julia etc.) – Decorating/creating decorations (Kiva, Emma, Maya(?))
- Lead – Results are available through a perusing of the email, Hawthorne — all faucets were under 7 parts per billion, all drinking fountains were under 5 parts per billion (the level for bottled water)
- Make the posters (for movie night, hall decorating contest)
Delta: Be a bit more prepared for the meetings
Plus: Shorter than usual! More concise and better at moving throughout topics
End Time: 8:48 pm